UK Fiancée Visa / UK Fiance Visa
A UK Fiancee Visa will enable you to enter the UK to get married and then switch your status to a UK Spouse Visa without having to leave the country. This distinguishes a UK Fiance Visa from a UK Marriage Visitor Visa.
Awards and Accreditations
The Fiancé(e) visa category is for partners of British citizens or persons with indefinite leave to remain who wish to marry within 6 months of arriving in the UK.
What are the main eligibility requirements for a Fiancé visa?
In order to qualify for a Fiancé(e) visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that:
- Your partner is a British Citizen or holds Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK;
- You are both over the age of 18;
- You have met in person;
- You are both free to get married;
- Your relationship is genuine and you intend to live together permanently in the UK;
- You intend to marry within six months of your arrival in the UK;
- Any previous relationships have broken down permanently;
- You will be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds;
- There is adequate accommodation for you and any dependents;
- You speak and understand English to the required level.
Maintenance & Accommodation
The Sponsor must demonstrate that they have a gross annual income of at least £18,600. You will also need to demonstrate that there is adequate accommodation available to you for the duration of your stay in the UK.
Our immigration lawyers regularly assist Canadian and US based applicants with Fiancé(e) visa applications. We understand that you want to reunite with your loved one quickly with minimal disruption.
We will help you to navigate the financial requirement rules which are particularly complex and obtain a property inspection report to demonstrate to UK Visas & Immigration that there is adequate accommodation available to you. We will ensure all forms are completed accurately and persuasive legal submissions are submitted in support of your application.
For further information, please schedule a consultation.