Marriage Visitor Visa
A UK Marriage Visitor Visa will enable you to get married in the UK but you cannot switch status.
Awards and Accreditations
The Marriage Visitor visa is designed for non-EEA nationals over the age of 18 who wish to visit the UK to marry or form a civil partnership, or give notice of a marriage or civil partnership, in the UK.
On arrival in the UK, all visitors (including non-visa nationals) coming to marry or form a civil partnership, or give notice of this, in the UK must have a valid visit visa endorsed with this purpose and the name of the holder’s fiance(e) or proposed civil partner.
What are the main eligibility requirements for a Marriage Visitor visa?
In order to be granted a Marriage Visitor visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that you are a genuine visitor. This means that you are:
- Over 18 years old;
- Going to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
- Visiting the UK for less than 6 months;
- In a genuine relationship;
- Be free to to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of your arrival;
- Be adequately maintained and accommodated throughout your stay in the UK; and
- Able to meet the cost of the return or onward journey.
How our immigration lawyers can help
Our immigration lawyers are experienced in assisting with all types of visit visa applications.
For further information, please schedule a consultation.