Youth Mobility Visa
The UK Youth Mobility Scheme visa is available to young adults from participating countries and territories who would like to experience life in the United Kingdom for up to two years.
Awards and Accreditations
UK Youth Mobility Visa
Young adults from participating nations and territories who want to live in the UK for up to two years (or three years for New Zealanders) can apply for a visa through the UK Youth Mobility Scheme.
The UK Youth Mobility Scheme visa is for young adults from participating nations and territories who want to live in the United Kingdom for up to two years.
Dependents are not eligible to apply for the UK Youth Mobility Scheme visa path, and it does not lead directly to indefinite leave to reside in the UK. However, UK Youth Mobility visa holders may be able to apply from within the UK to switch into a route that does lead to permanent residence in the UK.
Eligibility for the UK Youth Mobility Visa
To qualify for a UK Youth Mobility visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas & Immigration that:
- You are aged between 18 and 30 (or 18 and 35 for New Zealand nationals) on the date of application,
- You have at least £2,530 in savings that you have held for 28 days within the 31 days preceding your application,
- You have not participated in the UK Youth Mobility Visa scheme before,
- You do not have any children under the age of 18 that live with you or are financially dependent on you, and
- You are a citizen of a designated country such as Australia, Canada, Iceland, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Republic of Korea or Taiwan or a British Overseas citizen, British Overseas Territories citizen, or British National (Overseas).
UK Youth Mobility Visa Quotas
It should be noted that each country listed in Tier 5 (Youth Mobility) will have an annual allocation of places under this scheme. If a country exceeds its allocation ‘quota’, no further applications will be accepted from their nationals. The 2023 quotas are as follows:
- Australia – 35,000 places
- New Zealand – 13,000 places
- Canada – 8,000 places
- Hong Kong – 1,000 places
- Iceland – 1,000 places
- Japan – 1,500 places
- Monaco – 1,000 places
- Taiwan – 1,000 places
- South Korea – 1,000 places
There is no limit to the number of British Overseas citizens, British Overseas Territories citizens, or British National (Overseas) citizens who can apply for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa.
UK Youth Mobility Scheme Financial Requirements
You must have £2,530 in cash savings that you have held in a regulated financial institution for at least 28 days with the end date of the 28-day period falling within the 31 days preceding your application.
UK Youth Mobility Visa Decision
If your application for a UK Youth Mobility visa is successful you will be given a visa to live and work in the UK for up to 24 months (if you turn 31 while you are in the UK, you can stay for as long as your visa is valid).
Conditions of Stay on the UK Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
You will be able to work in the UK as a UK Youth Mobility Scheme visa holder, other than as a professional athlete or sports coach. You will also be able to be self-employed and set up a company, provided that your premises are rented, your equipment is not worth more than £5,000 and you do not have any employees.
You will also be permitted to study subject to the Academic Technology Approval Scheme’s criteria. To study specific courses at the postgraduate level in the UK, you must first obtain authorisation.
You will not be able to access public funding.
What If My Application for a UK Youth Mobility Scheme Visa Is Rejected?
Your application will be refused if you do not provide the required evidence that you meet all the suitability and eligibility requirements of the UK Youth Mobility Visa Scheme. You can request an Administrative Review of the decision if you feel that the visa officer has made an error. You should consult with an experienced immigration lawyer if you believe this is the case.
Changing Immigration Status
Prior to your UK Youth Mobility visa expiring, you may be able to apply from within the UK to move to another immigration category, such as the Skilled Worker visa route. Our experienced immigration experts can advise on prospective long-term immigration pathways, including those that can lead to permanent residence in the UK.
UK Mobility Visa Services
Our team of UK immigration experts have a wealth of experience with representing applicants with all types of Points Based System visa applications. We will guide you expertly through the copious requirements of the UKVI rules and policy guidance.
For further information, please schedule a consultation.
UK Legal Advice
UK Immigration Frequently Asked Questions
Our team of UK immigration lawyers will handle your case promptly and diligently until you achieve the desired outcome. Your dedicated UK immigration attorney will provide you with an estimated processing period for your case and keep you informed through each stage of the UK visa process. To expedite the processing of your application, we will ensure that your forms are meticulously completed and that you provide sufficient supporting documentation.
However, please note that the UKVI processing time depends on several factors including the volume of cases the UKVI is receiving and whether there are any priority programs where UKVI gives precedence to applicants from war torn countries or countries affected by natural disasters.
We can offer a fast-track service if your application is time sensitive. Please schedule a consultation to learn more about this package and all the services provided by our immigration lawyers.
Hiring one of our qualified UK immigration attorneys can offer several benefits when applying for a visa. Here are some of the advantages:
- Expertise and Knowledge: Our UK immigration attorneys specialize in all aspects of UK immigration law and are well-versed in the complexities of the UK visa application process. They stay updated with the latest changes in immigration laws and regulations, ensuring that your application is accurate and compliant.
- Personalized Advice: Our immigration attorneys can assess your specific circumstances, understand your immigration goals, and provide tailored advice based on your situation. They can determine the most suitable visa category for you, explain the requirements, and help you gather the necessary supporting documents.
- Application Preparation: Immigration lawyers can assist you in completing and organizing your visa application. They have experience in preparing the necessary paperwork, filling out forms correctly, and ensuring that all required documentation is included. This can help reduce the chances of errors or omissions that could lead to delays or a rejected application.
- Increased Approval Chances: With their expertise, our qualified UK immigration lawyers can identify any potential weaknesses or issues in your application and address them proactively. They can highlight your qualifications, skills, and experiences effectively to demonstrate your eligibility for the visa. This can increase your chances of a successful application.
- Legal Representation: If your visa application is complex or encounters challenges, having one of our skilled immigration lawyers on your side can be invaluable. They can communicate with the UK Home Office or immigration authorities on your behalf, prepare detailed and persuasive legal submissions and provide guidance throughout the process.
Time and Stress Management: Navigating the UK visa application process can be time-consuming and overwhelming, especially if you are unfamiliar with the requirements. By hiring one of our immigration lawyers, you can offload the paperwork, legal aspects, and administrative tasks to them, allowing you to focus on other important matters.
Our experienced UK immigration attorneys provide specialist legal advice and representation on all aspects of UK immigration law, to individuals and businesses. Our services can be classified as:
- Initial Immigration Consultations
- Immigration Application Preparation and Submission (Full Representation)
- Immigration Application Checking Service
- Sponsor License Applications and Corporate Immigration Services
Regardless of the service you require, you can be assured that you will have direct access to a specialist UK immigration lawyer who has an in-depth understanding of UK immigration law and procedure. Our flexible services are delivered professionally and are tailored to your individual situation. Please schedule a consultation to learn more about our cost-effective UK immigration solutions and the services provided by our immigration lawyers.