Tier 4 Adult Student Visa
Tier 4 Adult Student Visas require a valid CAS and evidence of maintenance in the specified format.
Awards and Accreditations
The Tier 4 General Student visa category is for non-EEA nationals who are over the age of 18 and wish to study in the UK. If you are between 4 and 17 years old, you should apply for a Tier 4 Child Student visa instead.
What are the main eligibility requirements for a Tier 4 General Student visa?
In order to qualify for a Tier 4 General Student visa you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that:
- You are over the age of 16;
- You have been accepted onto a course at a qualifying institution;
- Your English language ability is equivalent to IELTS 4.0 in reading, writing, listening and speaking;
- You have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course without relying on public funds.
Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
Once you have secured acceptance onto a course of study, your education provider will send you a CAS reference number. The CAS number will enable you to apply for a Tier 4 Study Permit.
In order to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that you will be able to support yourself financially without recourse to public funds, you will need to show that you have enough cash funds to cover:
- Tuition fees for one year, and
- Your living costs – figures vary according to whether you will be studying in inner London or elsewhere in the UK.
How our immigration lawyers can help
Our immigration lawyers regularly assist international students to move to, or extend their stay in, the UK in order to achieve your long-term study goals.
For further information, please schedule a consultation.